Floor Doctors, an industry leading residential and commercial tile, stone, & concrete restoration company, is currently hiring service technicians to develop our world-class operations team.
The Service Technician is a key member of our team, performing service work on tile, stone & concrete surfaces in commercial and residential environments. We are looking for the best talent in the industry: friendly, hard working and goal oriented technicians who enjoy working independently. A great attitude and work ethic is a must and previous experience is a plus, but we are willing to train the right candidate. Technicians are responsible for diagnosing and correcting customer problems through service calls and other communications, and selling/up-selling services to new and existing customers, resulting in growth of our customer base. Technicians also provide customers with product and service information and resolve technical issues.
This is a GREAT opportunity for a self-starter wanting to make a change in their lives regarding careers and income. If you see yourself being creative, productive, eager to learn, and proud of your finished projects, then consider working for us.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- English literacy
- Valid Drivers License in order to operate a company vehicle
- High School degree; additional experience as a contractor, trade worker, or technician is a plus, but not necessary
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications, as you will be given a smartphone
- Experience with basic hand and power tools
- Physically able to meet requirements of the job which may include working in confined spaces and kneeling down on your knees frequently (knee protection gear will be provided). You must regularly be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Ability to manage stress well
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must be well organized, yet flexible
Hours: Mon-Sat, 3-4 Days/week, 20-25 hours per week
- Perform hard surface restoration service work
- Provide customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on site service, repair, and maintenance
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document processes
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner and use field automation systems
- Keep company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with project manager and share information across the organization
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Build positive relationships with customers
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today by if you are interested in working for Floor Doctors by completing the form below and including a copy of your resume / work experience. We will get in touch with you. Thank you and best of luck!
Floor Doctors is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as provided by law), or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.