Floor Doctors, an industry leading residential and commercial tile, stone, & concrete restoration company, is currently hiring lead service technicians to develop our world-class operations team.
The Lead Service Technician is a key member of our team, performing service work on tile, stone & concrete surfaces in commercial and residential environments. You must be independent, highly motivated, and reliable. Must have solid oral and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients and administrative personnel. We are looking for the best talent in the industry: friendly, hard working and goal oriented technicians who enjoy working independently. A great attitude and work ethic is a must and previous experience is a plus, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
This is a GREAT opportunity for a self-starter wanting to make a change in their lives regarding careers and income. If you see yourself being creative, productive, eager to learn, and proud of your finished projects, then consider working for us.
1. Evaluates the quality of service provided to customers and develops procedures to minimize customer complaints. Ensures diplomacy concerning customer service-related concerns.
2. Coaches and develops lawn specialists and trainees. Works with other managers to identify ways to reduce customer cancellations.
3. Recruits, interviews and selects personnel needed to efficiently staff the service function. Evaluates performance, makes salary recommendations, and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
4. Plans and conducts new hire and on-going training for service personnel in customer service skills, technical skills, safety policies, and procedures.
5. Supervises a team of technicians to ensure service (production and sales) goals are met. Maintains positive morale among personnel and actively promotes teamwork.
6. Examines associate work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to best practices as well as company policies and procedures.
7. Determines work procedures issuing oral and written instructions. Expedites workflow by coordinating the sharing of information between customer and field technician. Prepares work schedules and assigns and monitors duties to service personnel for efficiency.
8. Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates. Conducts daily and weekly management meetings.
9. Ensures that a safe workplace is provided for all associates by ongoing training and adherence to company policies.
10. Maintains Department of Transportation Pre/Post Trip Inspection and Drive Qualification files. Ensures current licensing is maintained by all associates as required by company policy/state and/or federal law.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associate’s degree in a business-related discipline and two (2) or more years of related experience in lawn/horticulture/agronomy/lawn care services required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years of supervisory management experience required
• Certificates, licenses, and registrations as required by federal and state law
• Bachelor’s degree and sales experience preferred • Requires extensive local travel.
• Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid DOT medical card. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of leadership and with front line staff
• Excellent leadership skills in team building, selecting talent, training, mentoring and developing a sales team, executing goals
• Excellent time management skills
• Practical knowledge of service industry and experience in developing and executing sales plans
• Business process analysis skills
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- English literacy
- Valid Drivers License in order to operate a company vehicle
- High School degree; additional experience as a contractor, trade worker, or technician is a plus, but not necessary
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications, as you will be given a smartphone
- Experience with basic hand and power tools
- Physically able to meet requirements of the job which may include working in confined spaces and kneeling down on your knees frequently (knee protection gear will be provided). You must regularly be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Ability to manage stress well
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must be well organized, yet flexible
Hours: Mon-Sat, 3 Days/week, 20-25 hours per week
Pay: $22-25/hour D.O.E. + $100 monthly bonus if no customer complaints
- Perform hard surface restoration service work
- Provide customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Coordinate complex schedules and coordinate with service technicians at multiple job sites
- General clerical duties including typing, photocopying, scanning, and printing
- Keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, estimates, and appointments
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on site service, repair, and maintenance
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner and use field automation systems
- Keep company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
- Manage equipment inventory
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Assist with the hiring workflow including screening candidates, conducting interviews, and training
- Cooperate with general manager and share information across the organization
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Build positive relationships with customers
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today by e-mailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and our hiring manager will follow up!
*Please note before submitting your resume: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.*
Floor Doctors is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as provided by law), or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.